The Pleasant Valley Community Center is run by an all volunteer Board of Directors. They work very hard to maintain the integrity of the historic building and grounds known as the Pleasant Valley School.
It takes a lot to maintain and preserve a historic 1880’s school building and the PVCC could use your help.
Areas of need are:
- Volunteers to help maintain the grounds, the school building and to help in fundraising, grant writing and other forms of service.
- Refurbishing the interior of the building back to its original state.
- Modernization of the Kitchen and Bathroom additions and allowing for disabled access.
- Modernization and improvements to the water well on the campus.
- Strengthening and lighting the parking lot to allow for safer parking in the night hours.
- Glass cases for the display of Pleasant Valley School historic memorabilia during events.
- Air conditioning system for the School to allow its use in the heat of the summer.
- Donation of period school furniture to facilitate a diorama display in the front teacher’s desk area inside the school building.
- Period memorabilia in the form of slates, books, photos, etc. that reflect the history of the Pleasant Valley School in the Texas Hill Country.
Preserving the Pleasant Valley School for many generations to come is the Vision of the Pleasant Valley Community Center while it also remains a significant meeting place for the local rural community.
You can help us maintain the Historic Pleasant Valley School as an active Center.
Please DONATE toward our mission.
Donations toward the preservation of this wonderful iconic building, that represents our rural educational heritage, would be greatly appreciated at this time.
Preserving the Architecture, History and Pride of the Pleasant Valley Community and Historic School
HOW YOU CAN HELP
COME to our Annual BBQ First Sunday in May!
Join US at our Annual BBQ
First Sunday in MAY
11:30 am to 1:30 pm
At Hwy 46 East & Los Indios Ranch Road,
7 miles East of Boerne
(Chicken, Potato Salad, Beans,
Tea/Water and all the fixings)
$8.00 Large Plate, $6.00 Small Plate
Great Homemade Deserts Sold Separately!
Come out and enjoy a
DOWN HOME GOOD meal
and a GREAT time!!
As an IRS designated nonprofit, PVCC raises funds each year to help us in our mission.
Each member of our Board of Directors works hard toward the maintenance, restoration and preservation of our beautiful Pleasant Valley School and
or VOLUNTEER toward our mission.
P. O. Box 4043
The PVCC is an IRS designated 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations are greatly appreciated.
Combined School Buildings
Historic Sketches by Bettie Edmonds
Click on photo below for larger image.
Provided by MASCAT Consultants
The school can be rented for special occasions and community events.
Send us a MESSAGE with your request.